Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Batigol
New Contributor

vlan subinterface on the aggregated interfaces

I want to create vlan subinterface on the aggregated interfaces. I want to know whether the fortigate firewall support Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, and to be clear, when you mean aggregate, are you creating a lacp bundle and then doing 802.1q tagging on that virtual-interface?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Batigol
New Contributor

first I want to create aggregate port 1 (physical interface 1-8) then I want to create vlan subinterface on this aggregate port 1 such as ------------------------------------------- edit " vlan 10" set interface " aggregate port 1" set vlanid 10 ------------------------------------------- whether the fortigate support
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yeap very trival todo, you use the bonded-interface name in your vlan-subintf i.e here' s one of my 620 connected to a Nexus config system interface edit " bond0" set vdom " root" set type aggregate set member " port1" " port2" set alias " bonded to nexus 7K " set algorithm L3 next end edit " vlan-DC01-SW1" set vdom " root" set ip 172.16.199.11 255.255.255.0 set interface " bond0" set vlanid 178 next edit " vlan-DC01-SW21" set vdom " root" set ip 10.11.0.11 255.255.255.0 set interface " bond0" set vlanid 888 next edit " vlan-DC01-SW31" set vdom " root" set ip 172.16.88.11 255.255.255.0 set interface " bond0" set vlanid 23 next end Just adjust the switch and FGT for the load-balance algorithm to achieve your desired balance.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors