Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ssatty
New Contributor II

v7.2.2,build1255,220930 - Unstable Internet Access - Unable to connect to Fortiguard servers

Good day and Happy new year for everybody

I have an issue with a Fortigate 60F.

Employees start to complain some websites are not opened randomly however the sites are reachable by pinging it from the fiewall, at checking i found the below:

1. I am not able to create any firewall rule and get error creating CMDBError: Expected response argument to be an object or string, got null
  2. Firewall message unable to connect to Fortiguard server and WAN IP is unknown
    1. I run the below commands but get an error Unknown action 0 with the last command

# config system global
          set cloud-communication enable
      end

# config system central-management
          include-default-servers enable
      end

3. When trying to activate the Forti Cloud i got error FortiGate cloud internal error
  4. I changed the DNS but the same issue exist.
  5. I tried to upgrade the firmware to FGT_60F-v7.2.3.F-build1262-FORTINET failed
  6. I tried to downgrade to firmware FGT_60F-v7.2.1.F-build1254-FORTINET failed also.

Appreciate yor support,

Thanks

#Fortigate FortiGuard 

7 REPLIES 7
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ssaty,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ssaty,

I have found this KB article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Unable-to-connect-to-FortiGuard-serv....

Could you please tell me if it helps?

Regards,

ssatty
New Contributor II

Hello Anthony,

I applied the above link earlier but did not fix the problem

I am checking for any routing or filters issue might be from the ISP side, because some of the sites are reachable by ping but can't be browsed.

Regards,

Sofyan

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Sofyan,

Ok.

Let me know if you found where the issue came from and if you need more assistance.

Regards,

ssatty
New Contributor II

Hello Anthony,

The problem is solved now, all the above issue was relared ISP issue. 

They have something in the fragement size i think at a remote HUB location, everything come back normal now after they fix it.

Thanks for your time and effort.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

You can try this setting to allow websites to work even if FortiGuard connection is down. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/administration-guide/371670/advanced-filters-1#Al...

Also what is the output of:

diagnose debug rating

get system fortiguard

Cheers,
Graham
ssatty
New Contributor II

Thank you Graham for your time and effort

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors