Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aspi
New Contributor II

user proxy session goes down often

Hi, for some time now the proxy users of a FG201E foritgate have often been disconnected after a short time and then have to be re-authenticated. I verified that I have two types of reports on events. the first tells me user kickout for generation and the second user kickout for scheme mismatch. in attachment I insert the screenshots. could you help me to solve the problem? The fortigate is updated to the latest release. Thanks so mutchimage 1.PNGimage 2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
jhussain_FTNT

Hi,

What is the Firmware running on the Fortigate?

Also you can test with configuring the auth time out to 24hrs with the below command  and let us known still you are facing the same issue.

config User setting
set auth-timeout 1440
set auth-timeout-type hard-timeout

end

Regards

Jamal

Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Aspi,

the 'user kickout for generation' happens if there are for example configuration changes done to proxy settings/policies; this kicks out existing users.

The 'user kickout for scheme mismatch' should happen if for some reason they no longer match into the configured authentication scheme to my knowledge.

What firmwrae version is your FortiGate? If I remember correctly there were one or two known issues about FortiGate removing users from proxy authentication more often than warranted.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors