Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kinmun
New Contributor II

upgrade of Internet bandwidth

recently i upgraded my Internet bandwidth from 50Mbps to 100Mbps.

do i need to make any changes to my fortigate FG300D in order to take advantage of the higher bandwidth?

especially the WAN interface settings ?

4 REPLIES 4
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

If your FortiGate is configured to use just one WAN connections, I think that you will automatically benefit from the bandwidth increase. Have you tried a speed test? www.speedtest.net There is a setting I believe in the newer firmware versions for you to enter your upload and download interface speed. I presume that this is for reporting. Maybe someone can confirm.
kinmun
New Contributor II

would having traffic shapping rules affect the upgraded bandwidth?

my zabbix monitoring graph still shows limit of 50Mbps instead of my upgraded bandwidth

GusTech

FGT300D Is more than big enough to handle 100mbit

As SecurityPlus says, what results do you get at speedtest.net?

If you can survive a little downtime, try connecting your PC before fortigate. Run speed test again, then you see if the problem is before or after the firewall.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Daniel_FTNT

The estimated bandwidth you can set in GUI: Network>Interfaces (or set estimated-upstream/downstream on CLI) is for GUI display only (dashboard etc.)

With the SD-WAN feature you can also set on the cli "set inbandwidth" and "set outbandwidth" per interface. This is for calculation of traffic control in SD-WAN rules. If unset (default) this uses physical speed minus current usage. If you use SD-WAN you may want to set it if you have a CPE/router inline.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors