Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tbuser
New Contributor

upgrade from 6.2.5 to 6.4.8

Hello

I have fortigate VM with 6.2.5 firmware and i upgrade it to 6.4.8 with all intermediate updates.
Before the update, the SD-WAN was set up. After the upgrade, all WAN interfaces became members of their security zones interfaces, but not member of the SD-WAN.
How to return WAN interfaces to SD-WAN?
Remove them from the firewall policy, add them to the SD-WAN and then return them to the firewall policy?
Or is there another way?

5 REPLIES 5
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

You should be able to move interface from one zone to another without any change. So if you want to move it from wan1-zone to SDWAN-zone, you can. But you will need to adjust firewall policies afterwards. So if you have any firewall policies that are allowing traffic via wan1-zone and you will move interface to SDWAN-zone, you will need to change destination interface to SDWAN-zone in firewall policy.

Adrian
tbuser
New Contributor

Hello, thank you

I understand, but when i try to move the interface from wan1-zone to sd-wan nothing happens

akristof

Hi,

What do you mean that nothing happens? interface will still be under wan1-zone?

Adrian
tbuser

yes

akristof

Hi,

In that case, try to do it via cli. If there will be any problem/error, you should see it via cli.

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors