Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jackharv
New Contributor

upgrade firmware on VM

I need to upgrade firmware on a FAZ_VM64 to 5.0.7. Try from web ui, get " image is too big, please expand flash disk to 512M." Options suggested are to reboot and try again, or to install via TFTP. I opted for this, but never see the " Press any key to display configuration menu..." . Assistance appreciated.
Jack
Jack
6 REPLIES 6
SgtMalicious
New Contributor III

Have your VM administrator make your first hard disk bigger. If you' re the VM admin, go into your vSphere management application and edit the VM settings. Enlarge the first hard drive so it' s somewhere north of 512MB. The upgrade, gui based or otherwise, won' t work until you do this.
Jackharv
New Contributor

Got it. And have upgraded FAZ. Thanks!
Jack
Jack
Chris_Harper_FTNT

I' m having the same challenge and increasing Hard disk 1 space from 48MB to 520MB is not resolving it. From console, I see the flash space is still only 48MB: FAZVM64 # diag system flash list ImageName Version TotalSize(KB) Used(KB) Use% BootImage RunningImage primary FLG-VM-5.0-FW-build0310-140205 47595 34578 73% Yes Yes
Chris_Harper_FTNT

After doing a filesystem check: # diag sys fsck harddisk (which reboots system), shutting down from CLI after reboot: # execute shutdown, then modifying HD1 size setting to 520MB and powering back on, I was then able to perform the firmware upgrade.
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

commands did, but it still seems to 48M.

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5
Miata
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, this solved my issue!

Cheers

Miata

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors