Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hams
New Contributor

unsupported antivirus for FortiNAC

We are currently running FortiClient for antivirus on our endpoints and this works well with FortiNAC Endpoint Compliance. The issue we are running into is testing a new antivirus that is not listed on the Antivirus list within FortiNAC. Is there a work around to use an unlisted Antivirus for Endpoint Compliance within FortiNAC v7.2.5?

3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Hams

Is this antivirus listed in the Endpoint Compliance?

Few months ago we got the same issue with Kaspersky 12 which was listed in Endpoint Compliance, but the issue was in the agent that couldn't detect it properly. We opened a ticket and few time later a new agent release has fixed the issue.

Till a new agent is released (try open a ticket for this or initiate a NFR), I think you can configure some custom scan as a workaround in order to integrate this AV in your endpoint compliance, like File, Registry-Key, Process or Service.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortinac-f/7.2.0/manager-guide/356449/windows

AEK
AEK
Hams
New Contributor

No, Cynet is not listed with the Endpoint Compliance. I will open a ticket an see if it can be added. I did find a work around by adding Microsoft Defender to the list and running an off hours scan to the device. 

ebilcari

I searched internally and actually there is a NFR filed: "Cynet EDR support" but it's not yet implemented in FNAC. You can contact your local Fortinet representative and refer to this ticket to speed up the integration process.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors