Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maaz
New Contributor

unable to locate IPsec VPN option

I've downloaded the Forticlient VPN ONLY (.deb) for my Ubuntu machine, and installed it, but when I'm trying to create a connection I'm not able to see the IPsec VPN option there.

14 REPLIES 14
smayank
Staff
Staff

Hello Maaz

So here I am mentioning a path for it. 
In forticlient Remote access page you can see three lines are there>>> Add a new connection>>> Top of it you will get a option to select ip sec.
Thanks & Regards 

Mayank Sharma

Maaz
New Contributor

Yes I did the same , under Remote Access page >>> Add a new connection tab , instead of three options i can only see ,SSL VPN and XML.
not IPsec VPN.

msanjaypadma
Staff
Staff

Hi @Maaz ,

Currently, the FortiClient for Linux does not support IPSEC VPN.
If you would like to setup IPsec VPN with Linux, Refer below article. Hope it will helpful ! 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-IPsec-connection-between-FortiGate-and-Ubu...

Thanks,

Mayur Padma
Maaz

If I've downloaded Forticlient VPN only, do i need FortiGate also to do the configurations mentioned in that document?

kvimaladevi

Hi Maaz,

Yes, you will have to do the configurations in the Fortigate as mentioned in the provided document.

Regards,

Vimala

Maaz

and how to open fortigate GUI can you help me with that ?
Do I need to download/install anything?

kvimaladevi

Hi Maaz,

If you have the IP address of the Fortigate you can access it through the GUI by entering the IP in the browser with the https port number. The default port will be 443, if you have modified it, then you can use the modified port number.   It should be accessible like other network devices if you have permission to access the same.

You do not have to install any specific application. 

Regards,

Vimala

Maaz

and where will i get the IP address of fortigate?

kvimaladevi

Hi Maaz,

You should be able to get it from the admin users who have access to it. You are trying to setup Dialup VPN with Fortigate from your Linux machine right?

Regards,

Vimala

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors