Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
netadmin
New Contributor

unable to configure user group based policy for forticlient VPN

Hi Guys,

We are using FortiClient with SAML authentication by azure ad . Users are able to authenticate by azure-ad and OTP by the authentication rule configured. for example user is allowed in group HR.

Later we have configured user group policy for the users in HR, user HR 1 is added to group finance for giving access to finance network. 

user HR2 is added to group corporate for giving access to corporate network. But this user based policy rules are not working and not getting any hits.

Both HR1 and HR2 are added to group HR so they can authenticate and make successful VPN connection. HR1 is added to group finance and HR2 is added only to group corporate but they cant access their respective networks. 

Any views from for the above issue. please advise. 

Regards

FortiClient FortiGate

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello netadmin,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello netadmin,

I have found this document:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/handbook/527388/multiple-user-groups-with-differe...

Could you please tell me if it helps?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors