Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
earthlab
New Contributor III

system email-server set reply-to is not work on FortiOS 7.2.3

Hi all
I have updated to FortiOS 7.2.3.
And then I realized following bad configuration.

----
FG60F # config system email-server

FG60F (email-server) ## set reply-to noreply@example.com

command parse error before 'reply-to'
Command fail. Return code -61

FG60F (email-server) #
----
By this Document, I can set 'reply-to'.
http://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/administration-guide/526019/email-alerts

someone have how to config 'reply-to' in FortiOS 7.2.3?

thanks.

1 Solution
kcheng

Hi @earthlab 

Thanks for confirming. Kindly also mark this thread as solved so that it can be referenced by the other community members too. :)

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tepeeeeei
New Contributor

yo!
My 7.0.9 had the same problem.
That's weird, right?

kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @earthlab and @Tepeeeeei 

Please advise if you are using the default email server notification.fortinet.net. Please be informed that the option to set reply-to has been disabled in newer version of FortiOS. It is implemented for resolving bug 751870:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.8/fortios-release-notes/289806/resolved-issues

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Tepeeeeei
New Contributor

Hi @kcheng 

yes. i use "notification.fortinet.net"

I see, reply-to option has been disabled.
So that means it is still in the CLI reference, which is an error!
tysm

kcheng

Dear @Tepeeeeei 

Indeed, the feature is still available if you are using custom email server. The reply-to option is only not possible if you are using the default notification server from Fortinet. I've written an article explaining the respective, it should be made available once the article is approved:

kcheng_0-1671092732474.png

kcheng_1-1671092765402.png

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

earthlab
New Contributor III

@kcheng 
Thank you.

I can use "set reply-to EMAILADDRESS" with "set server MYSMTP".

Cheers,
kcheng

Hi @earthlab 

Thanks for confirming. Kindly also mark this thread as solved so that it can be referenced by the other community members too. :)

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors