Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tronton_team
New Contributor

subscription suddenly unlicensed

Hello i want to ask,

yesterday user in my office cannot browse to internet and use VPN  connection, after i check in my fortigate dashboard

antivirus , IPS UTM is unlicensed but i have subscription until 2019, after i check to my policy and routing nothing wrong with my seeting , after that i refresh a browser an antivirus and IPS is licensed again and user in my office can browse to internet again,

i dont  know what my problem is, can anyone answer me why subsciption in my fortigate suddenly unlicensed ? please help me.

1 Solution
MikePruett

it is located under security profiles > web filter > rating options > "Allow websites when a rating error occurs"

View solution in original post

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

it might have been that the connection to the FortiGuard servers was temporarily unavailable. Watch the status and if it changes again or even frequently then contact FTNT support to have the license status checked (via Web ticket).

FWIW, the only feature which will block if unlicenced is Web Filter. All other UTM will continue to work, they just won't update.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

To help prevent that from happening in the future there is an option to "Allow traffic on rating failure" for the web filter sensor. That will help mitigate that.

tronton_team

thanks for your answer, where is option to "Allow traffic on rating failure" ? i search in web filter feature but nothing option allow traffic on rating failure ?

MikePruett

it is located under security profiles > web filter > rating options > "Allow websites when a rating error occurs"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors