Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
simonorch
Contributor

ssl vpn webmode url bookmark redirect

If you have a web mode portal configured, with just the bookmark widget and one bookmark. it would be nice if, upon authentication, the user was redirected to that proxied page instead of having an extra unnecessary click by being sent to the portal page. Just as in tunnel mode the tunnel comes up automatically if it is the only widget on the portal. Can it be done?

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
3 REPLIES 3
rdub
New Contributor

I think the initial login page can be modified but not what comes after it (the portal). I haven' t tried this but it looks like you could host our own login page on a webserver somewhere and have that server do the form action that the portal login page takes. You would do a HTTP POST to /remote/logincheck and pass ' username' and ' credential' . Not sure if the hidden fortitoken fields are required to be present. You then should be able to get a response from the fortigate indicating success or failure and redirect the user to the fortigate via URL rewrite on success. That' s definitely the ' roll your own' route but it' s something that could be tried.
simonorch
Contributor

I' m not sure if that will work. In this case i also need SSO to work along with 2-FA authentication from a fortiauthenticator. I can' t use fortiauthenticator on it' s own because it' s intergrating with lotus domino ldap and domino doesn' t support radius. I' ve got it all working, it' s just that it would be nice if the loging page\code could be modified so that a url other than the portal page would be displayed

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
clwolf
New Contributor

no need for the bookmark. While in the SSL Portal config for your web-only (default is web-access), click on settings, and type in the location of the page that you want in the redirection URL.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors