Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dave_R
New Contributor

speed-test-server download, sdwan self-originating traffic?

Hi, I know there are commands to select sdwan for self originating traffic for DNS, Fortiguard etc. But is there one for the speed-test server list download?   I just get time-outs with sdwan, but even if I turn off sdwan to just try and get the list, I get and http error.. (yes, I have the sdwan monitor license)

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
KRWalczak
New Contributor II

I'm in the middle of deploying units. During the testing phase (6 months ago) I was able to use the speed test. For the past month (now that I'm starting Production deployment) I've not been able to download the speed test server list...

Trying to run from the GUI gives a Dependency error. Trying to run the download from the cli gives a http error code, server list never downloads. All Fortigate's have a current 360 Sub with SDWAN Monitoring. Though I notice all the docs say "SDWAN Network Monitoring". Not sure if they are the same or not on licensing though.

Dave_R

Thanks, yep, same error here.  Maybe I'm missing something about the "SDWan monitoring" solution.

KRWalczak
New Contributor II

Give it a try again. Mine just started working again out of nowhere. I already had configured a scheduled speed test run on my WAN links. At some point within the past 2 days they downloaded the list and started working on their own.

Dave_R

Thanks, yeah it's worked on and off.  I found an article that said if you disable xxxxxx, then it will use the wan interface... for the LIFE of me, I can't remember what it was.. and do you think I can find the article again? Of course not. :)  I'm currently not able to get it to work.

cheers

KRWalczak
New Contributor II

The setting you might be looking for is...

config system sdwan

set speedtest-bypass-routing (enable or disable)

Basically just states to enable/disable using routing when running speed-test on an SDWAN member. I have it disabled (which is default) with all of mine. The Scheduled speedtests seem to be running fine and on the correct WAN interfaces.

Dave_R
New Contributor

Thanks very much!  Are you using Fortimanager at all?  I'm wondering the best way to manage the measured speed settings always being out of sync.  I wish there was a way to tell Fortimanager "ignore this setting, don't import it and don't push it".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors