Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CAD
Contributor

spam

hello,

i have setup firewall recently and i have been enabled email filtring, but still some users got spam.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

No device that I know of can eliminate all spam. Are you using a FortiGate unit? If so, do you feel that you are getting less spam now then without the FortiGate?

I understand that FortiMail does a better job at spam as this is its specialty.

NotMine

SecurityPlus said it, there is hardly a device/software out there that can stop all of the SPAM (except maybe the Google? ;))

Anyway, I really hate to be the one saying this, but you haven't provided us with any information which would help us see if you've even configured the FGT to inspect the mail traffic. Please be more specific, describe your configuration and intentions, and we will do our best to help.

Cheers,

Slavko

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
CAD

Thanks for reply ,

i am using FG200D , firmware 5.2.3 i have enabled email filter profile to policy (from internet to exchange server ) and enabled deep-inspection.

please let me know if you need further information .

thanks

CAD
Contributor

Note: My device detect  Emails as Spam but allow it to pass to user Mailbox.

thanks

CAD
Contributor

i found the solution 

Thanks for all

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors