Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eellery
New Contributor

[solved] VPN IPSec can' t connect over 3G modem connection

Hi Everyone! I' m trying to get a FG30B3G working with a backup IPSEC VPN over 3G modem, but don' t know what' s happening I keep getting " Network is unreachable" . See: ike 0:VPN_MODEM3G:3: could not send IKE Packet(P1_RETRANSMIT):187.69.137.246:500->PEER.IP.ADDRESS:500, len=244: error 101:Network is unreachable If I delete the route to PEER.IP.ADDRESS and insert it again the VPN automaticaly gets UP, as it should... I can see at WEB GUI that modem connects normally. 187.69.137.246 is the mobile operator dinamic IP address assigned to the equipment. Any ideas?
Best, Eduardo Ellery
Best, Eduardo Ellery
2 REPLIES 2
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi I' m not 100% sure but if you use 3G modem did you test the connection without VPN. If no possible dynamic Gateway is not enabled. This is used to get the Default Gateway -which is dynamicly- by 3G modem/connection. Probably give it a try: # config router static # edit [Ues a Sequenz example 1] # dynamic-gateway enable # next # end You can also check if you have before you use this command a routing entry for the 3G modem if it is coming up. You can check in Routing Monitor. hope this helps have fun Andrea
eellery

Hello Andrea! It already worked! Thanks a lot! This FG30B3G has this 3G connection as backup, now I' m going to test with the WAN port normal with an ADSL connection (without 3G modem). IMPORTANT: after changing this parameter in the route it disappear from WEB GUI! Regards, Eduardo Fortaleza/CE/Brasil One of the capitals where Soccer World Cup 2014 will occur :)
Best, Eduardo Ellery
Best, Eduardo Ellery
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors