Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NKL
New Contributor III

[solved] SSL-VPN IPv6

For a testlab-environment (FGT60D, OS 5.0.7), I want to setup a IPv6-SSL-VPN, but failed so far. Has anybody managed to setup a SSLVPN with full IPv6 support (IPv6-IP-Pools, tunneling/split-tunneling etc.)? The documentation on IPv6 or SSL VPN does not really give any substantial information or examples. The GUI obviously only allows for IPv4 at " VPN -> SSL -> Portal/Config" , even though the IPv6-feature is activated. But the CLI is not of much help either: trying to configure a ssl-portal with widget-setting " set ipv6-split-tunneling enable" results in this setting not even show up in the config. Anyone can point me to some documentation, examples or supply a config-file? Thanks in advance. EDIT: So, it turns out, that it works perfectly fine with just the setting " set split-tunneling" enabled. No need for " set ipv6-split-tunneling enable" . Just add IPv6-pools to portal-config and ssl-settings via CLI, add IPv6-polices for SSL-VPN (via GUI) and you are good to go.
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I really curious about this one myself. I open a case with TAC about 6 months and got nowhere with them and supposely we have IPV6SSLVPN support. Even the cisco ASA anyconnect supports ipv6 in their implementation. If I ever get it working, I will post a thread on my blog. And to be clear on what I want todo; enable SSLVPN6 for native ipv6 clients enable SSLVPN6 for ipv4 that attaches via ipv4 to a FGT and get a tunnel-mode ipv6 address TAC was clueless and never provided me a working example. I figure it would be the same ( as ipv4 ) but I ran into issues defining a ipv6-pool to the SSLvpn configuration fwiw.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
NKL
New Contributor III

enable SSLVPN6 for ipv4 that attaches via ipv4 to a FGT and get a tunnel-mode ipv6 address TAC was clueless and never provided me a working example
That would have been the second task on my list :) No need to even try, then.
ispcolohost

NKL on the off chance you're still around, could you post your config that got v6 tunneled over v4 forticlient ssl vpn?  I'm having trouble determining a setup that assigns the forticlient on a v4-only system both addresses and tunnels the v6 over v4.

NKL
New Contributor III

No, sorry. That’s too long ago and, as far as I remember, it never went live. At least, it is not in our current configs.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors