Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Chris
Contributor

(solved) Can not delete WTP-Profile (FWF 60D)

Hi, I have a FortiWifi 60D with actual Firmware Version 5.2.5. In the FortiAp Profile exists an Profile named 11n-only which cannot be deleted. The button is greyed out. I have checked all dependencies but there exists nothing to this profile anymore. My next step was to delete it via cli but the result was : Can not delete a static table entry Command fail This entry is shown: FortiWifi-60D # show wireless-controller wtp-profile 11n-only config wireless-controller wtp-profile     edit "11n-only"             config platform                 set type 60C             end         set ap-country DE             config radio-1                 set band 802.11n             end             config radio-2                 set mode disabled             end     next end The following step was to modify the configuration and delete the entry and than to reimport the configuration. Surprisingly it creates this Profile by itself. Does anyone have this behavior seen before? I know that this often happens if any dependencies exists but I can't find anything. Also nothing in the config. I must say that i bought the Unit for a couple of days an flashed them immediately from 5.2.3 to 5.2.5. So I can't say if these profile was in this state deletable. Is 11n-only an static Profile? Can it be that it was renamed ? Any help is appreciated.

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think "11n-only" is the default profile. If you backup the config and factoryreset it, you would still see it there. I doubt you could rename it although I haven't tried. Is there any particular reason you want to remove it? It wouldn't do anything until you apply the profile. You can create any new one.

View solution in original post

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I attached the screenshot with an FWF60D 5.2.3 after factoryreset. The num of reference is 1 and it's showing FWF60D-WIFI0 as wtp, which is using it.

So something seems to be wrong in your config. I recommend backing up and factoryreset it then reload the config after verifying the same view. If it comes back again after reloading, I recommend you re-configure it from scratch.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think "11n-only" is the default profile. If you backup the config and factoryreset it, you would still see it there. I doubt you could rename it although I haven't tried. Is there any particular reason you want to remove it? It wouldn't do anything until you apply the profile. You can create any new one.

Chris

Hi Toshi,

thanks for answer.

The problem is that these profile 11n-only is asigned in my FortiAp Profiles as a Custom Profile.

I know that some entries in the WTP-Profile Table are for custom and static-profiles (default).

Static Profiles are these which are for the Platform. But why is this profile visible?

I have a look on a 60D device (non Wifi) an your are also right that these is a default profile.

Maybe its a bug if you get the same profilename as its already in the internal table defined.

In this case it was declared as custom profile an therefore visible but never deleteable.

It doesn't really bother me. But i like to know how this can happens.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Probably that's the behavior of any FortiWiFi if not intentional because it has built-in WiFi on the device, which FortiGate doesn't have but just wifi controller to manage all FortiAPs.

I tried removing it via CLI on an FWF60D after removing all references and got below error.

FWF60D4614004678 # config wireless-controller wtp FWF60D4614004678 (wtp) # show config wireless-controller wtp     edit "FWF60D-WIFI0"         set wtp-profile "11n-only"         set override-profile enable     next end FWF60D4614004678 (wtp) # del FWF60D-WIFI0 A Local WTP entry could not be removed, WTP id=FWF60D-WIFI0 command_cli_delete:5230 delete table entry FWF60D-WIFI0 unset oper error ret=-9999 Command fail. Return code -9999 FWF60D4614004678 (wtp) #

Chris

Hi Toshi,

yes your right. The fgt wirlesscontroller is something differently than the FWF

in view of the integrated radio.

How I see you also have a FWF 60D.

Do you see "11n-only" also in GUI FortiAp Profiles (see picture)?

If yes then something becomes clearer for me.

Perhaps you gave me the right answer already in the post before and I have just misunderstood this.

I attached one picture to show you what I mean.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I thought the number of reference would be '1' because "11n-only" is used for the default wtp "FWF60D-WIFI0", which I couldn't remove. I'll borrow an FWF60D from our warehouse again and let you know later. We deploy almost exclusively FG60Ds to our customers so I don't have an FWF60D handy for test.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I attached the screenshot with an FWF60D 5.2.3 after factoryreset. The num of reference is 1 and it's showing FWF60D-WIFI0 as wtp, which is using it.

So something seems to be wrong in your config. I recommend backing up and factoryreset it then reload the config after verifying the same view. If it comes back again after reloading, I recommend you re-configure it from scratch.

Chris

Hi Toshi,

many thanks for your efforts.

That is what I would to know.

I have done a factory reset also and the result is as expected.

The profile 11n-only is the base-profile for the radio which can not be deleted.

It can be modified and assigned to new sids but 11n-only is always available and visible.

In this case all is how it should be.

This is my first WifiDevice and so it seemed for me that something is wrong.

Thanks for your helpfully support.

Sincerely

Chris

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors