Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ReMad
New Contributor

smtp;554 5.7.1 This message has been blocked because the HELO/EHLO

Hi I have Fortinet 60 B it returns back the emails with the message smtp;554 5.7.1 This message has been blocked because the HELO/EHLO please tell me how to solve that knowing that I didnt check the option of the return DNS unchecking the HELO DNS lookup and the emails are sent successfully ! why does that happen ? I have checked the FQN and it is correct : server.mydomain.com ! Thank You
ReMad
ReMad
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you check the reverse PTR record? typicaly, if the 2 don' t match mail can be rejected.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ReMad
New Contributor

emnoc
yes sure it is correct and has no problems with some emails now dont reach the other end checking the status from the fortinet , the server tries to send it more than once but seem to fail later !
ReMad
ReMad
discoveryit
New Contributor

Go to your protection profile and under email filter uncheck " HELO DNS lookup" under SMTP... you will have no more problems.
FCNSP
FCNSP
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors