Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vpnfreeme
New Contributor

share FortiVPN to other devices

Hi,

I have a Windows11 PC with FortiVPN client on board, it works like a charm.

I would also have to get a second network device (Voip phone) out on the Internet on whose configuration I cannot access.
This phone only works if it goes through my company's VPN (the same one that runs the client).
How could I make this connection phone <> PC?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
tpatel
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

As you mentioned you need to access the phone over the internet from a pc, does this phone have a public IP address assigned or is this phone getting private behind any NAT device? 

vpnfreeme2

sorry for delay: I lost my account and I had to recreate it.

I will explain it better: Forticlient allows my PC (windows/linux) to establish a VPN with my company.
I also have a voip phone (Cisco) whose configuration I cannot access. This voip phone, in order to register and make/receive calls, also needs to get an IP address of the same class as the one the PC gets with the VPN.
How could I physically connect the phone to the PC with Forticlient on board and thus allow the phone to work properly?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors