Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mayar
Visitor

set banned-cipher prevents pushing the device configuration on trial Fortigate VM

Hi there,

I'm having issue in a lab (build by me) that i've created with trial version of FortiGate VMs (x2), FortiManager (x1) and FortiAnalyzer (x1).

I've added two FortiGates to the FortiManager, and everything was working without issues, untill the first device installation.

The FortiManager keeps showing error in the installation of device configuration, after digging around, i found out that the issue occurs because of the "set banned-cipher" command. This command seems to be not available in the trial fortivm, and in the FortiManager I wasn't able to remove the setting from the CLI configuration (because it requires at least 1 cipher that has to be banned).

The running versions of the devices are;

FortiGate VMs KVM 7.4.4 build 2662 (Feature)

FortiManager v7.4.3-build2487 240514 (GA)

FortiAnalyzer (while it doesn't have to do with the issue) v7.4.3-build2487 240514 (GA)

2024-09-30 15_08_25-gns3@gns3vm - TightVNC Viewer.png2024-09-30 15_09_18-gns3@gns3vm - TightVNC Viewer.png2024-09-30 15_11_04-gns3@gns3vm - TightVNC Viewer.png

When i deselect the banned-cipher and click apply (in the CLI configuration of the device) the ciphers SHA1, SHA256 and SHA384 are reselected again!

2024-09-30 15_17_02-gns3@gns3vm - TightVNC Viewer.png

Did anyone encounter this issue?

is there a solution for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
dbhavsar
Staff
Staff

Hello @mayar ,

- Have you tried manually configuring this on FortiGate?

DNB
mayar

Hi,

I've tried to configure the setting thorugh the CLI on the Fortigate, but the whole command seems not to exist, it might have to do with the fact that the Fortigates have trial licenses. But I'm not sure.

dbhavsar

Hello @mayar,

Just to confirm, is there any VDOMs configured in your FortiGate?

DNB
mayar

Hi,

No there are no VDOMs configured, but I'm curious why the question? :D

I do know that each VDOM is treated by Fortimanager as a separate entity, but this doesn't have to do with the current issue as far as I can see, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors