Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsumner
New Contributor

seeing interface traffic

I could do this in version 4 so I assume I can do this is version 5. I want to see how much traffic (in bytes (or megabytes) on each interface. IE I want to see if my interface is maxed out. Can I do this from WITHIN the Fortigate?
6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, via the " Traffic monitor" widget. It has been renamed in v5 - there has been a thread on the forums about this, a couple of weeks ago.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
nsumner
New Contributor

Hmm, I don' t see the traffic monitor widget. I can see historical interface sessions and all sorts of useful things but I can' t get the traffic monitor widget.
Rick_H
New Contributor III

As Ede stated, it is possible to get this widget back on the dashboard, but it is nearly unusable in 5.0.3. The graphics are compressed in the display making it very difficult to read the information. According to the threads Ede linked this is planned to be fixed in 5.0.4, so keep a look out for that.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Look here: https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/95393 I thought the hint with the Search function was sufficient...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

The widget will be added back to 5.0.4 under the name " Interface History" .
RH2
New Contributor II

5.0.3 added a submenu under " dashboard" for traffic history. The widget can only be used in a 1 column layout. This is with a 100D
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors