Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
peter_goedtkindt
New Contributor

scanunit Mac OS abnormally high CPU since a few days

All, I had been using Forti client without issues on MacOS 10.9.2 (fully updated) without issues since long time. Currently however I notice significant slowdowns with version (5.0.7.135): Since about a week, Scanunit is often blocking normal work with high (close to 100%) CPU usage for up to a minute duration. Files downloaded or created using save as... take a long time (10-20 seconds) from becoming visible in the finder, considering their small file size and that the Mac is running on an SSD hard drive with TRIM enabled. Starting Java based programs takes ages. For instance the terminal command " date;java -version;date" takes >10 seconds and scanunit is at 100% CPU Others see similar behaviour? My best, Peter
3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Is the problem still there? What are the signature versions?
apapia
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  This affects all java programs such as ant, gradle, eclipse, etc until I shutdown FortiClient.  I have manually installed the latest version (5.2) but still have the same issue.  At first it seemed to resolve it, but now it is happening again.

This is affecting all the users at my company.  How can I get support for this issue?

kolawale_FTNT

Consider creating a new support request at [link]https://support.fortinet.com.[/link]

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors