Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Taniarto
New Contributor

routing computer for internet

Dear all,

I have some computer were set on  different IP type that are : 

- 10.10.2.xx with 10.10.2.1 for the gateway

- 10.10.1.xx with 10.10.1.1 for the gateway

For the IP 10.10.2.2 until 10.10.2.10 computer will have internet connection, but from 10.10.2.11 until 10.10.2.254 the internet connection only determine by admin, for example only 10.10.2.20 can do internet but 10.10.2.21 cannot and so on.

This is also happened on the 10.10.1.xx

Please tell me if there were any tutorial to configure those..or please tell me any information to do it..

My firewall is fortinet c110..

thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

If I understand you correctly, you want to allow or prevent internet access for certain addresses.

If so, create an address as a range (192.168.1.[2-10]) for those addresses which you want to block (e.g. "no-internet-hosts"). Then create 2 policies:

- first (top-most!) policy from internal to wan, src adr "no-internet-hosts", action deny

- second, from internal to wan, src "all_LAN", dest "all", NAT enable, action accept

This will block some addresses from reaching the internet. The admin can put addresses into the group or remove some at will, not touching the policies anymore.

Of course, it would take an average schoolkid 10 minutes to figure out which IP address to use to bypass this filter. So better not grant Admin rights to anyone on the PCs, and don't allow BYOD.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Taniarto

Dear Ede,

Thanks a lot for the information, but do you have any complete tutorial of doing that? like video or manual book so I can read it step by step...

thanks,

Joe

ede_pfau

I'm not a video guy, sorry. You may search von http://video.fortinet.com if you find this basic stuff. Written documentation is found on http://docs.fortinet.com You would like to read the relevant parts in the Admin Guide which not only explains the various options and settings but the basic principles as well. The chapter on "Firewalling" and "Policies" are suitable.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors