Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
paulbrock
New Contributor III

report of all keyword searches

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a report of all keyword searches ,there is a dataset "webfilter-Top-Search-Phrases" in 5.2.2 however produces no data.

Has anyone had success with tis dataset or any other method. As I previously said I just want to know what the top 20 -30 keyword searches are in Google or likewise.

Many thanks In advance

1 Solution
paulbrock
New Contributor III

Hi Neonbit,

Many thanks, you are correct I was missing one key tickbox to make it work "'Log all search keywords" is enabled on a webfilter,

Working great now,however I am a little worried I noticed two people used the same keyword search "watch brokeback mountain online"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Paul,

The search dataset populates correctly on my setup.

The two key things that are required to get this to work are:

1. 'Log all search keywords' is enabled on a webfilter, and the web filter is applied to the browsing policy.

2. SSL Deep packet inspection is enabled on the web browsing policy.

You should then start seeing the dataset populated.

paulbrock
New Contributor III

Hi Neonbit,

Many thanks, you are correct I was missing one key tickbox to make it work "'Log all search keywords" is enabled on a webfilter,

Working great now,however I am a little worried I noticed two people used the same keyword search "watch brokeback mountain online"

neonbit
Valued Contributor

You'd be surprised what pops up :)

One thing I'd recommend is ensure your users sign a company internet usage policy that states that their encrypted network traffic is being logged (or whatever is legally required in your country).

whayden1
New Contributor II

How do you enable the "log all search keywords" via the CLI?  I just did a show full on a custom web filter profile with setting on and off and compared the results.  There's no changes, at least at the profile level.  Easy enough to enable via the GUI, but I need to push an FMG CLI script to enable this on 1400 firewall clusters.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

whayden1
New Contributor II

NM, I'm tired.  I have two firewall clusters open and I did the show full on the wrong firewall.

Answer:

config webfilter profile edit "UTM_Web_Filter_Base" config web set log-search enable <-- Yeah not really hard.  The firewall I was looking at is running older code hence the reason I just didn't see it in the first stinking place.  Off to bed. end

end

end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors