Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damiri
New Contributor

replaicing Received: from with something else

Hi, Is this possible with Fortimail to replace Received: from " hostname" with desired hostname or IP address or delete completely from envelope? Damir
6 REPLIES 6
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

No. This type of information is adding the mail server and have to be added according to the RFC. Postfix is used within the FortiMail I guess. Postfix can not control level.

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

My I ask why? We had something similar requested, but what we did was append. Could this work for you ? AFAIK, their' s no reason to change the mail-header fields in that approach. We had somebody for example that didn' t like the rfc1918 and inside hosts and want the mail message purged of this information.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
damiri
New Contributor

very simple way: when we using fortimail as server and people sending email from hotels, internet clubs, mobile, client IP address is often on black list. In order to avoid emails ending up in spam folder of recepient, it would be best to forge this as mail server address so email do not end up in spam ...
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You can remove received headers or specific headers in the session profile:
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

Have you been tested?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah that make sense and i can see the problem. Any deep inspection in the header would block mail. This is why deep header checks can create bigger problems.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors