Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

redirect mismatch, drop

Hello

I have some traffic blocked with the following message. Any idea what it means?

msg=" redirect mismatch, drop"

Logs from GUI.

log.png

Something also strange for me is that the source interface is "unknown0", and I don't have any interface of this name.

Any idea?

AEK
AEK
1 Solution
dbu

Regarding the message  "redirect mismatch, drop" It means that an old session already existed in the browser and the new request is dropped. 
It can be disabled it with : 
Config system global

set strict-dirty-session-check disable

end

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hi @AEK 

When a packet comes to a FortiGate and FortiOS and it can't find an existing session for it, although it is expected that it has to be already in place it shows unknown0 as source interface. 

Have a look here for more information: 
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Interface-unknown-0-in-traffic-logs/ta-p/1...

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AEK

Thanks dbu

What about "redirect mismatch, drop"? What does it stand for? Why it is not a message just like "session not found"?

AEK
AEK
dbu

Regarding the message  "redirect mismatch, drop" It means that an old session already existed in the browser and the new request is dropped. 
It can be disabled it with : 
Config system global

set strict-dirty-session-check disable

end

Regards!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors