Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ceForti
New Contributor II

proxy-fqdn "default.fqdn"

Fortimanager version 7.4 and Fortigate version 7.4.3. Fortigate is 40F.

While pushing any config to Fortigate below line automatically come sin the config preview. The installation faisl due to this config too.

config web-proxy global
set proxy-fqdn "default.fqdn"
end

below is the error getting. Any idea to fix this please.

------ Start to retry --------

40F-TEST $  config web-proxy global
40F-TEST (global) $  set proxy-fqdn "default.fqdn"
40F-TEST (global) $  end
---> generating verification report
(vdom root: web-proxy global:proxy-fqdn)
	remote original: 
	to be installed: "default.fqdn"
<--- done generating verification report
install failed

5 REPLIES 5
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Can you try "Device Manager - CLI objects CLI > system > global > proxy-and-explicit-proxy to enable" as suggested in https://www.reddit.com/r/fortinet/comments/15ococs/comment/jvwr6oq/

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
ceForti
New Contributor II

Thank you, which config are you referring to. Attached screenshot.

proxy-config.jpg

srajeswaran

Hi @ceForti ,

The screenshot don't show the option mentioned in the discussion forum, I checked my LAB device and even I don't see the option. On further checking I could see this issue is being investigated by our engineering team under 1033653. The fix is expected from 7.4.4 release. I can see the workaround is to use 7.4.3 on Fortigate (I haven't tested this in LAB).

FortiManager is trying to install and configure "config web-proxy global" on the following FortiGates (7.4.4 Versions); this installation fails.

Affected FortiGates:

Only some low-end FortiGates have encountered this issue. This case is still under the investigation.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.3/release-notes/454729/known-issues

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
schwarz-works
New Contributor

Same problem here with 2x40F.

There is also a Script one can try, but it don't works for me:

config web-proxy global
unset proxy-fqdn
end

jasonhong
Staff
Staff

Hi,

As mentioned in previous replies, the issue correlates with bug 1033653 and it will be fixed in the upcoming FMG v7.4.4.

Kindly perform the following workaround to see if it helps:
1. Perform a "Retrieve Config" revision on FortiManager > Device Manager > Select the FortiGate > Device Dashboard > "Configuration and Installation" widget > Revision History > Retrieve Config. This will synchronize the syntax on the device-level database. After the Retrieve Config is done, you may perform the policy package installation again.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-is-Out-of-sync-on-Device-Mana...

2. If Step (1) does not work, disable the Verify Installation setting under FortiManager > System Settings > Advanced > Misc Settings > Disable verify installation. After that, try to install again.

3. If the above steps do not work, proceed to downgrade FGT to v7.4.3 GA.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors