Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
safwa
New Contributor III

problem 224E fortiAP

Hello

i have two problem with acces point 224E:

1) i have a router with Pool DHCP and we put show ip dhcp binding the AP don't receive any IP from pool and the router don't see the AP as a neighbor !!

so i try to access with default IP address but i can't

problem that i can't access to 224E with any method

2) problem reset , i can't reset AP that allow access

so please i need from expert FORTIAP help me and reply me

please i need a solution for the  two problem

thanks in advance

other  information :

model : FAP-224E-I

AP outdoor 

11 REPLIES 11
safwa
New Contributor III

Please , i wait fom this forum reply me and help me for this two problem !!

thanks 

andrewbailey

Hi safwa, You joined the forum earlier in the week and posted queries about FortiAPs then. I took the time to reply to you then. I explained this is a forum- it’s isn’t technical support. I also explained to you that if you need urgent support you should raise a ticket to Fortinet support. Again, as I stated last time you will need a support contract to that. As with your last posts there is not enough detail for anyone to help you. You need to provide clear information and ask nicely for people here to help you. The people here will help you in you provide the right information and ask for help nicely rather than trying to demand it. Kind Regards, Andy.
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I think safwa either inherited a 224E from a predecessor or got an used one, so no support. What I would try in those cases is to press&hold the reset button more than 10 sec while power is on, which should factory reset the unit. My guess is with the previous config a VLAN is configured so the DHCP requests don't show up on the non-tagged interface. If you have a proper switch or a FGT, you can sniff what's coming out. But it wouldn't matter when you factory reset it.

safwa
New Contributor III

Hello

thanks to reply me and i try and i tell you if the problem is resolved  !!!

So i have other question : I'm looking in the documents and I can't find the maximum signal distance for 224E 

means max coverage !!!!???

i wait to answer me 

safwa
New Contributor III

I reset more 10 seond and the AP don't accept the reset !!

I want to ask you what color Led thta i can know that AP is reset !! ( i have led POwer green and power LAN orange ) 

because this AP don't have button reset so i howi can reset !!! what's method !!!

please i wait a reply  from expert FortiAP and your help !!

i send a picture 

thanks in advance

Toshi_Esumi

One of guides I found was showing a reset button at the position of the silver screw in the photo. If it's not press-able or removeable, I don't know how to reset an outdoor AP.

JayD_FTNT

Hi Safwa,

As Toshi mentioned, 224E's reset button is behind that screw. If you are running the latest GA build, then holding the reset button from 0-5seconds will reboot the AP, 5-10 seconds will enable the config mode on AP and 10+ seconds will factory reset the AP to default settings.

If your AP is on older build then 0-5 seconds will reboot the AP and >5sec will factory reset the AP. 224E with latest v6.4.2 GA Release is able to obtain IP via DHCP on its ETH ports. Please factory reset your AP and check if the problem persists. Once you factory reset, you can also access AP via its default IP 192.168.1.2.

You can find 224E data sheet here.

https://www.fortinet.com/...ets/fortiap-series.pdf

Let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Jay

safwa
New Contributor III

Thanks to reply 

But this AP 224E don't have the button reset !! never have the button reset !!!

1) SO what i can doing  to reset  that allow i access to This access point !!!

2) what's other method that i can reset !!

i send again the picture that AP don't have button reset !!

please i wait answer and a reply !!

thanks in advance 

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The default static IP on most/all FortiAP units is 192.168.1.2 (subnet /24).  If the 224E is not being auto assigned an IP via DHCP, you likely need to configure a laptop for an IP on that subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.200) and connect to it via a switch. 

If there is a Fortigate device involved and there is no route to 192.168.1.x, you could setup a free interface port for that subnet and direct connect the 224E to it.  Alternately, you can bind a secondary IP to an existing interface that the 224E is connected to.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors