Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mateusguilherme
New Contributor III

policy routes and interface pppoe

Hello

I have 3 links on my Fortigate 60F v7.0.13:

- 2 WAN interfaces with manual mode

- 1 WAN interface with PPPoE mode

I also have an SDWAN rule in "maximize bandwidth (SLA)" mode with the three links.

On my local network there is a Zabbix server that pings 3 IPs on the internet and each ping to a specific IP must go out through a specific link, thus validating connectivity on that link. I then created a Policy Routes to specify the outgoing interface, where I specify the source address as the Zabbix server and the destination address as a specific IP on the internet. However, when the PPPOE interface link goes down, the ping continues to respond and is routed to another interface. When the link on the other interfaces (manual mode) goes down, the behavior occurs as planned and the ping is interrupted. Is there any special configuration that needs to be made in the policy routes when it comes to a PPPoE interface?

1 REPLY 1
johnathan
Staff
Staff

Are you able to post a screenshot of what is configured for that policy route? Do you have a gateway IP specified? 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors