Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

open source log parser

hi. is there an open source log parser or plugin to one that can parse the fortinet syslog file? (i found sawmill, but it is not open source and not free...) thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
BrianPro
New Contributor

AWStats, logcheck, logwatch maybe? I know of Logzilla, Splunk Free, LogLogic, Snare etc which are more feature rich (not open source). The open source ones mentioned first are basic and require hands on and roll your own to do anything else. I don' t have any direct experience with any of these.
Not applicable

i was looking for something that can handle the log parsing nativly, or has a fortinet plugin ready, and not me having to parse the log and build rules based on that.... me building rules is a sure way of missing something... :)
BrianPro
New Contributor

Then the non-open source ones are your best bet. optionally you can pay for the fortinet SaaS Analysis service which seems affordable if you want plug and play without a fortianalyzer. I feel your pain as myself I have no need to stock another unit like a fortianalyzer to parse/report on logs. I don' t have a bunch of firewalls. It would be great if fortinet provided a VM of fortianalyzer at a low cost - especially since it would save rack space for those of us with vSphere or similar virtualization setups. Good luck and please report back if you find anything since I am in the same boat - looking for an affordable logging/analysis server.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

delete.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors