Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GiuseppeB
New Contributor III

notification email link-monitor

Good morning,

I have set up some link monitors that point to IPs on my internal network to understand if packets are lost. Is it possible to set up an automation that sends me a notification email when packets are lost?

BR,

Giuseppe

2 REPLIES 2
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @GiuseppeB,

You can configure Automation Stitch based on FortiOS event log. However, there is no event logs for packet losses. But you can use 'Link monitor status' or 'Link monitor status warning'. Please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-configure-an-automation-stitch-to-g...

Regards,  

mauromarme
Staff
Staff

Hi @GiuseppeB ,
You can also setup Link Monitor custom settings such as:
set interval “Detection interval in milliseconds (500 - 3600 * 1000 msec, default = 500)”
set probe-timeout “Time to wait before a probe packet is considered lost (500 - 5000 msec, default = 500)”

set failtime “Number of retry attempts before the server is considered down (1 - 10, default = 5)”
set recoverytime “Number of successful responses received before server is considered recovered (1 - 3600, default = 5)”
set probe-count “Number of most recent probes that should be used to calculate latency and jitter (5 - 30, default = 30)”

With those settings you can identify in a better way what happen when the "Alert" about Link Monitor down is triggered"

Mauricio Marin
Fortinet TAC Senior Engineer
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors