Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
networkingkool
New Contributor

no menu Database/ Quarantine in Web based manager

Hi forum, First, My new fortigate 200B has menus Database/ Quarantine and other menus. But after I excute the command factoryreset, it boot to a strange web based manager which lack of many menus like antivirus database, quarantine from the first time I saw. I don' t know how to unhide those menus. Plz help me? Thanks and BRs
=========>
=========>
4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

A factory reset will cause the dashboard to display only the default widgets. You will need to customize the dashboard to your liking by clicking on the +Widget link near the top of the page then choose the ones you would like. Also make sure you are using an approval compatible browser when using the GUI -- otherwise certain page elements will not show up. Edit: note this is for fixing the dashboard display -- any previous configurations settings/profiles you may have had before would likely need to re-set up. I believe the 200B has an option for reverting (restore) a previous config. Click on Revisions link beside the System Configuration link (under System Information).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
networkingkool

Hi Dave, Thanks to quick reply. I use the same browser. My fortigate 110C at another site also don' t have those tabs. I read the FortiOS handbook, and it tell about those menus, but I cannot find them in GUI. First I think 110C don' t support extended database, then I bought 220B and saw those tabs. However, after factoryreset, all disappeared, an old GUI which like the GUI in 110C show up. Any ideas? Thanks and BR
=========>
=========>
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you are referring to anti-virus file quarantine: this option is only available on Fortigates with hard drives (and I think with FortiAnalyzer connections). Under 4.0MR3 this option needs to be enabled at the CLI. After that you need to enable the quarantine option under the antivirus profile (UTM Profiles->AntiAvirus->Profile). Quarantine files are listed under " Log&Report->Quarantine Archive" . As for extend " virus" database, none the fortigates we manage, use it. So I can not help you there. If you want those menu items back, you can always restore an earlier configuration to the Fortigate.

networkingkool

Hi Dave, My two FGs don' t have hard disk and I do not intend to use quarantine feature. To type of antivirus database, I can config it through CLI, it' s OK. But not only two those menus disappeared, many menus like NAC, sub-menus which I don' t remember names also disappeared. I just don' t know why they disapear, and how to show them up again. I also restored the earlier configuration, some menus appear, some not. To me it' s OK, I begin to config the new FG200B. Thanks you so much Dave. Thanks and BR, Kool@
=========>
=========>
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors