Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nvelocity
New Contributor

new fortivoice

We bought a FVC40. Having a hard time with auto attendants (can' t record them). Clicking on interface or dialing in from phone doesn' t work. Will open a support ticket. Noticed there' s no new posts regarding Fortivoice. Slow adoption?
10 REPLIES 10
SimplicityForce

I like what the FVC-40 is capable of for its price. I guess for all of the features it has, you would expect to have to invest some time learning the system. It would be nice if there were less bugs or the system limitations were explained better. I was pleased to see a new firmware (7.20.004) released, because I am hopeful this means Fortinet is committed to improving the product. As far as phones, I have an 350i, 550i and 860i phone. I personally like the 350i the best. The LCD has five lines instead of the four on the 550i, which makes a huge difference when using the menus. It would be nice to have a few more line appearances, though. The 860i, however, doesn' t really seem to work with the system. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like an analog cordless phone would provide the same functions. (I guess it would be useful if you didn' t have a phone jack where you wanted to install the base or were running out of analog extensions.) You can assign each headset its own extension, which is nice. Overall, I would be willing to recommend a FortiVoice system with 350i, 450i and 550i phones. With the understanding it will take some work to configure.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors