Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cit
New Contributor

move wan1 or internal1 to different VDOM

I want to assign a FortiGate 60F's interfaces to eight different VDOMs, as follows

dmz port: VDOM-A

internal1: VDOM-G

internal2: VDOM-B

internal3: VDOM-C

internal4: VDOM-D

internal5: VDOM-E

wan1: root VDOM

wan2: VDOM-F

(Then I want to create 802.1q VLAN subinterfaces for customers under each non-root VDOM interface.)

But I cannot move internal1 out of the root VDOM. So I tried leaving internal1 in the root VDOM and put wan1 in VDOM-G, but it won't let me do that either. Is there something I have to tweak, to be able to extract one of those interfaces out of the root VDOM, and finally be able to use that eighth VDOM?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you remove them from the default "virtual-switch" internal interface? I don't have any problem moving internal1 from root to vdom-a once it's separated.

And wan1 is probably bound to the default policy in the root vdom. You need to delete the policy first.

Toshi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you remove them from the default "virtual-switch" internal interface? I don't have any problem moving internal1 from root to vdom-a once it's separated.

And wan1 is probably bound to the default policy in the root vdom. You need to delete the policy first.

Toshi

cit

I had to learn how to remove "internal1" from the default virtual-switch named "internal." The procedure at this topic successfully made that happen. After that, it let me move internal1's vdom from root to VDOM-G.

Thanks.

seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

Can you let me know if there are any reference associated with that interfaces. If so please delete all the references associated with that interface and then can you try to change the vdom from global vdom page.

Please keep us posted

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors