Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BensonLEI
Contributor

move the policy id to first column

Hi, guys,

Just would like to know if any way to move the policy ID to the first left column ( or to the top order ), in order for the easy view/administration of policy by order (for all administrators), as the attached.

Thanks so much in advance.

1 Solution
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

No, there is no 'static' way to configure all of the GUI settings. Some are stored in cookies which makes them 1- specific for a user and 2- specific for a host. Open the same FGT on 2 different hosts and you'll see what I mean.

Then again, some settings are stored in the config, in the 'conf sys global' and 'conf sys setting' sections...like which features to display. But unfortunately, column visibility is not one of them.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What version are you running? I've never seen like that so far. With my experiences, ID has been always the first column after they got rid of "Sequence Number".

Seppel

activate ID and Apply.

Pick the ID Column header and move it to the right position.

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
dcspille123
New Contributor

After you checkmark the ID field from the dropdown in your screenshot, you have to physically drag that column to spot you want. Click and drag the column header with the name and it should work.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

This looks like a FOS v6.0.x version. Yes, sequence number is gone, noone is weeping.

@OP, the trick is to click and drag the header field "ID" when there is no menu open, and slide that around. Usually, the "ID" field is the leftmost column anyway.

Have a look at all the other fancy columns as well, like "Last Used", "Hit count", "nTurbo" etc. Usually, I discard the "Schedule" column as I don't used that much.

Ede

BensonLEI

Hi, Guys,

Thanks so much for your inputs.

As the administrator, I can drag and drop the "Policy ID" column to the leftmost column for myself ( if I activate the policy ID).

I would like to know if there is configuration for all administrators ( not for individual administrator ).

I am using the latest FortiOS V6.4.2.

Thanks a lot

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

No, there is no 'static' way to configure all of the GUI settings. Some are stored in cookies which makes them 1- specific for a user and 2- specific for a host. Open the same FGT on 2 different hosts and you'll see what I mean.

Then again, some settings are stored in the config, in the 'conf sys global' and 'conf sys setting' sections...like which features to display. But unfortunately, column visibility is not one of them.

Ede

ochanma
New Contributor

Hi guys! In FortiOS v7.2.2, here are the steps I used to re-order my columns:

1. Remove all check-marked columns except the last one (It'll be your first column for the new order) from Select Columns.
  2. Click Apply.
  3. Go back to Select Columns and check to mark your next column.
  4. Click Apply.
  5. Repeat these steps to create your column order!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors