Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bmotamed
New Contributor

migration before change fortigate...

Hi,

we have a fortigate 60B with a 4.0mr3 patch 13 firmware and we want to migrate to a fortigate 80C with v5.0,build3608 (GA Patch 7). I don't know if i should migrate the 60B to 5.0 before creating my backup or If i can directly try my backup on the 80C?

Thanks

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes you can up and downgrade. As a matter of fact,  FTNT as a downgrade path to follow when you downgrade a device from a new major release to a older major release. This probably would not be a issues since we are assuming the FGT80C is not in service. Now do you have access to fortinet support for firmware? and the release notes ?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Or do  the opposite,

down the  FGT80C to the same build as the  FGT60B,

use the cfg from FGT60B as the input

make the correct changes ( interfaces names and anything else FGT60B specific )

then upgrade the  FGT80C back to v5 b3608

This will ensure the config is not corrupted if your following the recommend upgrade path from FTNT

Either way, you get the same outcome YMMV

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
bmotamed
New Contributor

thank you for your help. I 'm suprised to see that "downgrade" is possible.....

bmotamed
New Contributor

Ok thank you, i'll probably try that next week..

Thanks

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes you can up and downgrade. As a matter of fact,  FTNT as a downgrade path to follow when you downgrade a device from a new major release to a older major release. This probably would not be a issues since we are assuming the FGT80C is not in service. Now do you have access to fortinet support for firmware? and the release notes ?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors