Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cdoggyd
New Contributor II

macOS FortiClient VPN Failure

I have numerous macOS users (including myself) who can connect to my Fortigate VPN using FortiClient 7.x. However, one user is having issues. When she tries to connect, it just spins. I had her export the FortiClient logs, and I noticed something interesting in the servctl.log file:

20220106 12:29:25.132 [servctl:INFO] FCTServiceController:105 received register request from servid 256 (vpn client) with pid 56512. Total registered services = 6
20220106 12:29:54.417 [servctl:EROR] FCTServiceController:958 Failed to open file /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db

The TCC.db keeps track of application privileges. I had the user to go System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access and check the boxes next to fctservctl2 and FortiClient. Then, I had her restart. I really thought that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

You guys have any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Krzysztof111
New Contributor

I have the same problem on macOS. I checked version 7.0.2 on Windows 11 and I got a message that FortiClient should be updated. The same problem was with version 7.0.1 in August 2021.

Krzysztof111

You can see that the problem with the update still occurs, however, after uninstalling Forticlient and reinstalling, I was able to connect to the VPN

cdoggyd
New Contributor II

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice already, but that didn't help. This user is experiencing the issue with 7.0.2.

Krzysztof111
New Contributor

FortiClient_7.0.2.0069_macosx.dmg ( 262mb - 2021-11-02 17:11:15 )
https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx   - "Select product" -Forticlient (no FortiClientMac)

I downloaded the version above again and uninstalled forticlient from it, restarted the computer and reinstalled from the same dmg. Maybe you have another case. My macos is a macbook pro 14 arch-arm.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors