Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mikelar
New Contributor

__log_task_append()-668: too many pending tasks: 1024

I've noticed my traffic logs have not been updating in Forticloud since this ~6:45 this morning. I'm also not seeing any traffic in the GUI -> Forward Traffic beyond this time.

Using diag deb app miglogd -1 I can see the below output:

My first thought was to disable logging on most of my IPv4 policy rules, however even with logging disabled the message continues, and nothing goes to Forticloud. The Status page shows Forticloud registered & configured correctly, and everything looks fine when I run diag test app forticldd.

When I turn off 'Send Logs to Forticloud' under Log settings, the debug output changes to the below:

fds_free_current_task()-261: free log task: cmd=115, len=665
fds_free_current_task()-255: Delete current task

__handle_logs()-900: 54347 bytes received
__handle_cron_message()-562: Request log statistics of all vdom:0

I'm guessing this is now freeing up log sessions, and the 'handle_logs' message is what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Searching for the log errors are turning up nothing, can anyone please assist?

1 REPLY 1
Mikelar
New Contributor

This turns out to be a bug, that should be patched in v5.4.2 as advised by Fortinet support. Their responses below:

For now we need to enable Disk log and use "Store and forward" as workaround for Cloud to work. Engineering will fix this in 5.4.2 firmware.

The above workaround is not recommended, as I have had to replace this unit previously under RMA due to disk logging (there is a bulletin about this, separate issue). Support has now offered the below workaround, which is now working for me.

Engineering found the issue with logging daemon, when resolve-ip enable it breaks the cloud connection under heavy traffic. config log settings set resolve-ip enable end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors