Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
burgerdude
New Contributor

local user logout option

Working on setting up just a couple of users on local accounts. I get the login prompt and that works great but how about the ability to let them logout? May have user1 with different restrictions than user2 but on the same PC. I don' t want them to have to wait for timeouts or reboots in order to change access. On 505 code Any options? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Alivo__FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, by local account you mean non AD member or simply user not logging to domain? or mix of both? thx

livo

burgerdude
New Contributor

Yes accounts located on the fortigate. I' ve found no way to let the user log themselves out. Other than I guess restarting which not sure if that even works. thanks.
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In the proxy options you can " Add Fortinet Bar" , with this Fortinet Bar users can log themselves out
burgerdude
New Contributor

I saw a bar mentioned in another thread but can' t find it anywhere in the settings. Searching docs for " bar" doesn' t help -but I could use one. Where is the setting? I' m on 505
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Policy ---> Policy ---> Proxy options Then you choose that proxy option profile in the firewall policy
burgerdude
New Contributor

That looks like exactly what I wanted. Not sure how I missed that setting. Thank you!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors