Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vishal1
New Contributor III

license mapping issue

Hello All,

Need help on below points 

1. purchased an fortianalyzer license of 500gb/day whose part code name-VM-GB500, but when i checked it shows vm10k-ug. is it correct/same license what i purchase or differs. PFA snapshot

2. Mistakenly i have register fortianalyzer vm on incorrect portal account and now needs to move to another portal account. Can i do it without any production impact

FAZ.png

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @vishal1 ,

1- The reason it says 10K-UG is that the VM license is valid. To check whether the 500GB daily log license is applied, you should look at the GB/Day field, there should be a value like x/500.

2- Yes you can move your license to another account. You just need create a customer services ticket and they will move a license to other account.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
vishal1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

Moving license from one account to another does need to re-register the VM? .If yes does it have any impact on fortianalyzer configuration or traffic flow

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @vishal1 ,

I have not done this for FortiAnalyzer before. However, I have done it on FortiGates. If the FortiGate is connected to the internet, the account it is registered to is automatically changed.The process is probably similar in FortiAnalyzer.

If you ask this question to customer service when you call them, they will give you the most accurate answer.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors