Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mrennella
New Contributor

ldap backup Forticlient EMS

How can I add a second server if the first fails.
And I tried to add another server but it tells me that it has the same domain and I cannot validate it through the CLI.

I appreciate your help

I have the server virtualized

server.jpg

server1.jpg

mrennella
mrennella
1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @mrennella ,

According to my research, there is no option for adding a second server. 

But if you use fqdn instead of IP, FortiClientEMS resolves all IP addresses of your domain server. Actually, this means the backup ad server is already entered. If your primary server goes down, EMS passes to the second server for sync.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
1 REPLY 1
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @mrennella ,

According to my research, there is no option for adding a second server. 

But if you use fqdn instead of IP, FortiClientEMS resolves all IP addresses of your domain server. Actually, this means the backup ad server is already entered. If your primary server goes down, EMS passes to the second server for sync.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors