Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
forev22
New Contributor

law log download / limited 400,000 line

Hi Guys~!

My customer's used FG100D with firmware 5.0.11 and log max age 20 days. 

Today, He want me a law log file. ( GUI Section in log & report - law log download option)

In fortigate 100D display correctly 20 days log.

But, when the law log downlad, downed file contents limited 400,000 line counts.

Is anyone who know This?

I confirm FG-analyzer lower firmware bug 400,000 line limites.

Fortigate is too? or Originaly limites 400,000 line counts?

Thanx for read guys.

1 Solution
awasfi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

It's by design, log-view is not designed to download all logs. It is only allowed to download a small set of logs by some specified filters in which number of logs is less than 400000. 

All records are saved to one file, if there is no limitation for logs, there will be a huge file generated.  Hence log file will not contain logs exceeding 400000 rows. 

If you want to download all logs, you may use CLI command to export all logs. The command syntax is as below: 

# execute backup disk alllogs [ftp/tftp] <ftp server>[:ftp port] <user> <passwd> 

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
awasfi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

It's by design, log-view is not designed to download all logs. It is only allowed to download a small set of logs by some specified filters in which number of logs is less than 400000. 

All records are saved to one file, if there is no limitation for logs, there will be a huge file generated.  Hence log file will not contain logs exceeding 400000 rows. 

If you want to download all logs, you may use CLI command to export all logs. The command syntax is as below: 

# execute backup disk alllogs [ftp/tftp] <ftp server>[:ftp port] <user> <passwd> 

Regards

forev22

very helpful to me. thank you. 

toness
New Contributor

Hello all , sincere apologies for old post reply. I have been able to download the logs using the cli , but i am unable to read files. what is the default extension of the exported logs to tftp via CLI.
thank you

AAE
AAE
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors