Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

invalid ldap server time out

hello fortimaster, Just want to confirm what is the root cause of this? (See the attached image)

If Im going to click Fetch DN my AD structure will display sometime it will display "Invalid LDAP Server:Time Out". Pinging AD server has no problem.

LDAP is far away to fortigate, thru Interface mode IPSec VPN via OSPF setup fortigate able to reach my LDAP server located overseas.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You may try to increase LDAP timeout with CLI:config system global/set ldapconntimeout  xxx/end  , default is 500 msec. Thanks.

Shawn_W

Any update?

mo_allam90

I have the exact same setup and i am facing the same problem.

Jeff_FTNT wrote:

You may try to increase LDAP timeout with CLI:config system global/set ldapconntimeout  xxx/end  , default is 500 msec. Thanks.

i tried to increase the ldapconntimeout to 5000ms and it still didn't work. 

Any suggestions ?

FredMB

Same problem here on a Fortigate 60D (5.2.7).

When I try to connect to my LDAP server through IPSec VPN I get "Invalid LDAP server: Can't contact LDAP server".

On the CLI console, when I try to ping this server, it doesn't respond. But if I try to ping or connect to LDAP with ADExplorer on a laptop in the same network as the 60D, it works fine.

FredMB
New Contributor

I found the solution : 

config user fsso edit "SSO_Fortinet" set source-ip <ip of the Fortigate> next end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors