Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MahmoudSabry
New Contributor

i have an 100 unifi access points i need to control them

Hello ,,

i have  100 access points i need to control them with fortigate wifi controller

100 unifi ap ubnt

is this is possible or i need to buy specific Access point

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
go4it
New Contributor

Dear Mahmoud,

You can not control the APs with fortigate.

But you can connect these AP's to the fortigate interface and control the users. The same authentication

as you would do on utp ports.

Regards,

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Unifi has an administrative software that lets you make a central management server out of a Windows box.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Mahmoud,

No it is not currently possible to manage other vendors access points via the Fortigate or our Wireless LAN Controllers.

You will need to purchase Fortinet FortiAP's to be able to manage access points via the Fortigate. i.e. FAP-221C-X (X being the region code). Please note specific model Fortigate firewall have limits around the number of access points they can simultaneously manage. i.e. for a FG-100D the maximum managed FortiAPs are 64 when running the AP's in bridge mode or 32 when running them in tunneled mode. Whereas with a FG-300D the maximum managed FortiAPs are 512 in bridge mode and 256 in tunneled mode. Hence to manage 100 AP's you would need an appropriately sized Fortigate.

The FortiWLC only supports the Meru AP series of Access Points i.e. AP832i or the newer Fortinet universal AP's i.e. FAP-U421EV-X.

Regards,

John Battam

Fortinet SE

John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors