Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CyberNET_eu
New Contributor

https certificate for every VDOM

Hi,

For administration purpose, I would like to use différent certificate for each admin interface of each VDOM.

I cannot find how to.

regards

5 REPLIES 5
gfleming
Staff
Staff

I'm pretty sure you cannot do this. The FortiGate is a single "web server" protected by a single certificate. A VDOM is just a separate URL on the "Web server". Is there a reason you want separate certificates for each VDOM? What issue are you facing?

Cheers,
Graham
CyberNET_eu

simple reason, FortiOS do not allow admin to logon to interface that not in the VDOM...

seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Team,

You cannot do that since that admin cert configuration is same to all vdom. Instead you can use wild card certificate to the admin portal and point multiple subdomains to multiple vdom IP address, so you can access different vdom with different ip address with same wild card certificate.

For example, you can sign wild card cert wtih "*.xyz.com"

You can use vdom1 URL as "vdom1.xyz.com"

VDOM2 URL as "vdom2.xyz.com"

VDOM3 URL as "vdom3.xyz.com"

Hope this helps

CyberNET_eu

Yes it will works...

But is would be much cleaner that the url must be based on hosted Company VDOM domain...

Thanks for the proposal

seshuganesh

I can certainly understand, as per my knowledge its not possible because admin-cert would be same for all vdoms

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors