Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
imran
New Contributor

how to reset FortiAP 222C reset?

We have FortiAP 222C,it became offline,power LED status is Green.

I want to reset it ,but there is no procedure mentioned in the manual

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The quick start guide describes the LEDs as follows:

- 5.0GHz

- 2.4GHz

- LAN

- Power

Power LED should be lite solid.  If LAN is offline then the AP is not obtaining a routable IP.  If the 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz are both offline but not LAN then the AP has not located a WiFi controller (AFAIK).  (I am assuming the AP is controlled by a fgt.)

Most outdoor APs (in general) do not (or should not) have a reset pin or switch physically on the unit or outside casing - you can see from the diagram (from the quick start guide) there looks to be a reset pinhole located next to the power adapter connection, on the POE. 

None of our APs are outdoor units, so do not know how long you would need to press and hold in the reset pin or whether you need to press and hold in the reset while powering up the AP.

If you need to further troubleshoot, the default IP for the AP should be 192.168.1.2 - if you configure a laptop with a static IP on the same subnet, you should be able to connect directly to the GUI (See page 15 of the quick start guide). 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
imran

I already did this procedure couple of times as mentioned by you and in the quick start guide but the problem is that - 5.0GHz - 2.4GHz - LAN all don't have any LED only - Power LED is green. i tried to reset even using by configuring a laptop with a static IP on the same subnet but no use. You are right that this AP is controlled by a fgt. Other AP's are working fine with our fgt.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Direct connect the AP to a port on the fgt that is configured to allow CAPWAP traffic.  If the AP is expected to receive an IP address via DHCP, check that port is part of an interface with a DHCP service enabled.  If the AP is unable to communicate/receive an IP by DHCP, it should default to using 192.168.1.2 unless this was changed.

Considering you have not provided details of how your APs are configured/connected on the network, the above is just general troubleshooting - are the APs (including this one) configured to connect via a vlan or direct lan connection (e.g. lan switch and/or connection on a fgt port).

imran wrote:

i tried to reset even using by configuring a laptop with a static IP on the same subnet but no use. You are right that this AP is controlled by a fgt. Other AP's are working fine with our fgt.

fortinet4
New Contributor

@Dave_Hall , would you happen to have the model or other unique identifier of the POE injector so I can remedy a similar situation?:

I was able to work around the problem by setting up an additional subnet on the same physical network as shown at the following linke, but without a way to factory reset the FortiAP, I cannot completely reconfigure the AP and put its management on the same subnet as the others:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Next-steps-or-insight-needed-to-troubleshoot-powered...

Also, one day, I will factory reset all my APs and the Fortiwifi 60D I have and resell them or donate / set up at an organization who could get a third life out of them... maybe a school network lab or some such, or a non-profit. It's such good hardware, I hate for it to go to waste.

Justin
Justin
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors