Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

how to print between two networks?

i have this enviroment in fortigate 50b: 2 networks: 1 connected to lan interface (192.168.1.0) and the other in WAN2 interface (192.168.2.0). one computer of the network 192.168.1.0 wants to print through a printer connected in the usb port of a computer in the network 192.168.2.0 how can i print in this way? i only need that the computer of network 192.168.1.0 can only print or can access to print in a computer of 192.168.2.0
2 REPLIES 2
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

If the printers are using Windows version 2000 or better, map the printer (UNC mount \\IP addresss\printer name). Just make sure that the printer is shared, and try not to use spaces in the names.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Are we talking about a connection problem or a printing/sharing problem? Can you ping any host on the WAN2 port from " internal" ? Please give us some more details on your IP addressing. " x.y.z.0" surely cannot be a host address. For a valid network connection, you need 1) a route from interface 1 to int. 2 (aka " internal" to " wan2" ) this should be set automatically (it' s a ' directly connected' route), please check in Router/Monitor 2) a policy allowing the specific file/print sharing traffic - I think it' s TCP 445, 135, 137,138,139, the usual suspects. If you want to allow the printer connection BUT disallow any other connection to network shares then specify your sharing permissions accordingly. - w-b
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors