Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
perch
New Contributor

how to get serial numbers of devices from Fortimanager over API?

Hello

I'm new to this community please excuse, if I post this thread in the wrong section.

I would like to get all serialnumbers of all managed devices (FortiGates, FortiAPs, FortiExtender etc.) from Fortimanager via API.

Was somebody maybe already able to achieve something like that?

I'm thankful for every hint.

Thanks and best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Annie
New Contributor

You need to ask for access to the Fortinet Developer Network.  Usually you can ask the person or people that sold you your Fortigate.  If you have access to that, it has ok documentation and forums that should be able to help you figure it out.

This is where you can login once they give you access:  http://fndn.fortinet.net/

If you're familiar with the FortiOS api, you could also connect into each firewall and ask for the serial number from the firewall.  Just another way to do what you want.

As for how to do so via Manager - I'm not sure that they'd want me to advise on here.  I will say that I get all the devices from all adoms, and then parse out the serial numbers from the results using Powershell.  You could use python or whatever scripting language you're comfortable with.

kotreshbs
New Contributor

You should login with registered email id of a product , the email id which you shared while purchasing the product.

once you login you will able to all details of product that you have purchased 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors