Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shimonb
New Contributor

how to block all video and audio streaming in fortigate 110c

hello to all i will be happy if someone can help me !! i need to block all video and audio streaming in my org ... i have a fortigate 110c with web filter . please help if you can ... thank you
11 REPLIES 11
sfokken
New Contributor

Have you already chosen the appropriate categories in the Web Filtering Profile? If there are additional sites that need to be blocked you could use the Rating Overrides as well.
shimonb
New Contributor

hello and thank you for your answer i did chose the appropriate category in the web filtering profile . if i use the rating overrides will it block all the site content or just the video\audio in it ?
dominikw
New Contributor II

Web filtering block access to server hosting video - sometimes not to all site - i.e. if source of video content is different that site where is embeded. To block only video content (stream) you should use application control.

Dominik Weglarz, IT System Engineer

shimonb
New Contributor

thank you ... what in application control do i need to block ,so my org will not see video or audio streeming ? thank you ...
dominikw
New Contributor II

Create new sensor : UTM Profiles --> Application Control --> Aplication Sensor and enable sensor in firewall policy (UTM section).

shimonb
New Contributor

again thank you ... i did the first step Create new sensor ,but i didnt understand the second " enable sensor in firewall policy (UTM section)" what is the UTM section? is it in policy or in firewall objects ? ....can you help me with that im new to fortigate ... thank you
dominikw
New Contributor II

(path is Policy --> Policy --> Policy) When you create (or edit existing) firewall policy for all users i.e. : from LAN to WAN1 And remember if any other policy exist and let users to use Internet without control - all depends on order (from up to down - first rule that fits - is the only that is working !).

shimonb
New Contributor

hello ... i found and understaned what i need to do but i cant find in an existing policy or a new one when i check UTM box the other option " enable Application control"
dominikw
New Contributor II

;-) Try to use diffrent browser or add FG to trusted sites or enable javascript/cookies etc. I use IE9 and it' s OK. In Firefox it is well too. Most problems are on chrome !!! Every FG GUI just has this options.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors