Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
midnightz
New Contributor

high reply times on wireless

Hello,

I'm having issues with my wireless clients and ping times to the firewall and vice versa.  I'm using 80C with FP221B-v5.2-build216 both running 5.2.1.  I have two APs with only like 10 users and only 2-4 wireless clients.  The ping times are horrible both on my corp. and guest wifi.  The APs are less than 30' apart.  Is there a best practice doc that i can follow to try and optimize the WiFi connection?

3 REPLIES 3
Nihas
New Contributor

I am also facing similar issues with FAP221 B's.

I have upgraded the firmware to 5.2.1 on last week of september.

it was working fine for almost one month and now having lot of issues.

1. Not constant ping reply to gateway

2. Sometimes the ping to internal gateway is more than 400ms

3.Lot of time outs on ping test

4. sometimes i can ping a server ,but not able to other server within the same subnet.

5. A particular FAP's radio2 is providing only 6Mbps rate even if there is full range.

6. If i restart the FAP's, will be fine for sometimes and throwing the same problem after couple of hours.

any idea or solution?

Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
mhe
Contributor II

first please check that the wireless channels are not used by another wifi. I use inssider - freeware until 3.1.2.1. This will give you a nice overview about whats going on on air.

martin

Nihas
New Contributor

FAP 5.2.2 is out, i have not seen anything related to this topic from the release notes.  Will do an upgradation.

Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors